Hello there! I apologize for the late reply. I haven’t been checking my blog mails regularly, but I hope the recipe will still be useful! I don’t have a recipe on my blog, but I will post one privately here for you! 🙂
It’s a very simple recipe and takes maybe around 10-15 minutes to make along with the preparation!
- 1 broccoli
- 1 cup steak – sliced/ coarsely cubed
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 tbsp water (or stock)
- salt & pepper
- cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic
1. Prepare the steak accordingly. It’s recommended to cut it into coarse cubes. In a bowl, mix together corn starch, paprika, cumin and soy sauce. Marinade the cubes of steak in the mixture. Sprinkle salt & pepper and mix thoroughly. (Use minimal salt as the soy sauce already gives it a strong salty flavor)
2. Wash the broccoli under cold water. Then cut into chunks – remember to get rid of the lower part of the stem.
3. Heat up some oil in a frying pan. Saute the garlic until it goldens. Then, add in broccoli first and saute. Add in the water and close the lid for about 1 -2 minutes (depending on how big you chopped them). This will soften the broccoli. It should turn to a bright green when it’s softened. (If it turns to forest green, it’s overcooked)
4. Then stir in the cubed steak. Pour in all the sauce in the bowl as well. Then saute at medium-high heat. Saute for about 2-3 minutes until the steak is nicely cooked. (this is a bit above medium rare) Try not to cook it for too long, otherwise it’ll be fully cooked and the beef will become chewy.
5. Finally, season with some salt and pepper if needed before serving!