Lobster & Crispy Kale PastaHere is a unique recipe for a pasta dish. Thank you to my dear friend who made this for me. 🙂 I decided to post his recipe up to share!The preparation is quite long so it makes it a good date dinner with your other half or a dinner dish with your family.I highly recommend this dish though! It’s a lovely pasta dish with lots of flavors and lots of textures.INGREDIENTS:
- 4 slices bacon – coarsely chopped
- 2 lobster tails
- 5 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 bunch kale
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 1/2 cups angel pasta
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes – halved
- 1/4 cup parsley – chopped
1. Boil a large pot of water. Then add in angel hair pasta until it is cooked to al dente. You can sprinkle in a pinch of salt as well.
2. Next, prepare the kale leafs. Put a piece of parchment paper on a baking pan, then spread the kale leafs on the pan. Sprinkle some olive oil, Parmesan cheese and salt on the kale leafs. Bake at the oven for 230’C for about 30-45 minutes. Do make sure they don’t brown, if they do you have to turn down the temperature.
3. While the kale cooks, we can prepare the sauce and the condiments. First, cook the bacon in a shallow pan. Cook the bacon until it starts to crisps. Once the bacon is cooked, keep the pan on the stove and now, pan fry the lobster until it turns red.
4. Set the lobster aside once it’s cooked. Drain out some of the bacon fat from the pan. Then reheat the pan at medium heat. Lightly saute the garlic until it browns, then add in cayenne pepper and red pepper. Stir around the pan.
5. Add in 2 tbsp of butter to the pan, and now add in the pasta and mix well with the cooked seasoned mixture. When the pasta is lightly cooked, turn down the heat to low and add in the halved grape tomatoes and chopped parsley. Mix well.
6. Plate the pasta along with the bacon (which needs to be crumbled) and lobster tail. Heat the remaining butter in the pan until it browns. Then pour the heated butter atop of the dish. Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese and baked kale before serving.